Wednesday, 26 February 2020

Dark Green Glue

My heart is held together with dark green glue
For every bit that dried up and broke off
You were there to pick it up for me

If I were
Say
To one day
Slit a wrist
I’d bleed hunter green

If I am made of strands
I am made of strands from you
You are a sneakily central part of my identity
And not one I’d ever dream of evicting

It hurts to keep pumping this blood through this heart
But I don’t want to pull the knife out of my chest
Because if it came from you it belongs there
You are me
I like that
It doesn’t hurt bad enough to even consider changing that

I am you
I am here because of you
In the realest sense I owe my life to you
So I spend every day mourning you

They’ve hollowed out the home I carry in my chest and it kills
But no one can make me get over you

No comments:

Post a Comment